Katoomba Library Update
So close! It was hard visiting the site today, knowing that Coles was fully operational downstairs. I did have a look and while Coles is open, the only specialty shop open is the Sushi Bar and there was also a coffee cart. The specialty shopfronts are still boarded up.
In the Library today I saw:
- All shelving in place – with display shelving
- The Special Chairs for the children’s area are being built now and will arrive 2 November
- All AV equipment is installed. It just needs to be tested.
- The Aboriginal Knowledge Display area and Serial shelving is still to be installed
- The Lift cladding will start on Friday and is expected to be completed by Tuesday……
The Katoomba Library staff have done an amazing job already – nearly half the collection is packed in boxes ready for the move across to the new Library.