The shortlists for the 2011 Ned Kelly Awards for crime writing have been announced.
- Abandoned- The Sad Death of Dianne Brimble by Geesche Jacobson
- Wasted : the true story of Jim McNeil, violent criminal and brillian playwright by Ross Honeywill
- Honeymoon Dive by Lindsay Simpson & Jennifer Cooke
Best First Fiction
- The Half-Child by Angela Savage
- The Diggers Rest Hotel by Geoffrey McGeachin
- Bereft by Chris Womersley
SD Harvey Short Story
- Southern Hemisphere Blues by Robert Goodman
- Hemisphere Travel Guides: Las Vegas For Vegans by A.S. Patric
The full list of nominated titles can be read here.
The winners will be announced at the Melbourne Writer’s Festival on 31st August.