Here are some more pictures of the progress going on inside the new Katoomba Library building.
Our spy reports that much had changed this week.
- Shelving is being put in place – this is just the framework. The actual shelves will not be delivered until October.
- Some shelving has lighting attached. This is because the ceiling is so high.
- The operable walls of the meeting room will be installed on 3 October
- The vinyl has been put down in the staff kitchenette
- Wireless Access points are being determined
In order to establish the Library within the new site, it will be necessary to close the current Library from Monday, October 15.
The After Hours Return Bin at Katoomba Library will remain open so items can be returned. Springwood Library can be contacted on 4723 5040 for renewal of items.
Internet access plus borrowing will be available from the nearby Blackheath and Wentworth Falls Libraries. The five other Library branches will be open and operating normal opening hours while Katoomba Library is closed.
The new Katoomba Library will re-open in its new site in the Blue Mountains Cultural Centre on Saturday, November 17, at 10.00am.
The Library staff apologises for any inconvenience.