Look to your right, there’s a count-down to the opening of the all-singing, all-dancing, NEW Katoomba Library!
What does our spy report this week?
- While the new Coles supermarket opened 2 weeks ago, the Blue Mountains Cultural Centre is still putting the finishing touches in place.
- At the new Katoomba Library, all the carpet has been installed, the painting finished, the furniture in place and the shelving has been assembled.
- The entire Library collection has been boxed and moved over 3 nights last week. This is approximately 30,000 items.
- The Katoomba Library staff are currently unpacking the boxes and placing items on the brand new shelves. New books will be added to this collection over the next 2 weeks.
- There is still some joinery to be installed such as the lift cladding, display shelves, newspaper and magazine shelves.
- The WiFi was installed last week and is being tested.
Staff are very excited by the new space and can’t wait to show it off to the Library patrons.