Will Hilary Mantel win this one?
Posted by Librarians with Altitude
The judging panel of the Women’s Prize for Fiction has released the twenty titles on the 2013 longlist. This prize, until last year known as the Orange Prize, is open to any woman writing in English, regardless of nationality, country of residence, age or subject matter.
Titles include :
- Mateship with Birds by Carrie Tiffany
- A Trick I Learned From Dead Men by Kitty Aldridge
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- The Marlowe Papers by Ros Barber
- Alif the Unseen by G Willow Wilson
- The People of Forever are Not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
- How Should A Person Be? by Sheila Heti
- NW by Zadie Smith
- May We Be Forgiven by AM Homes
- Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Red Book by Deborah Copaken Kogan
- Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
- Lamb by Bonnie Nadzam
- The Forrests by Emily Perkins
- Honour by Elif Shafak
- Ignorance by Michèle Roberts
- The Innocents by Francesca Segal
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
These twenty titles were culled from an original 140.
“The list we have ended up with is, we believe, truly representative of that diversity of style, content and provenance, and contains those works which genuinely inspired the most excitement and passion amongst the judges,” said Miranda Richardson, this year’s Chair of Judges.
The shortlist will be announced on 16 April and the winner, who will win £30,000 will be announced on 5 June.
Comments are closed.