Save Power Kits
While we are enjoying gloriously warm sunny days just now, there is a definite nip in the air come nightfall. Before winter really sets in, it might be time to borrow one of the Library’s Save Power Kits which you can use to identify the biggest users of electricity in your home and which gives you simple ideas for reducing energy use.
The Save Power Kits come in a specially fitted out case and contains six items:
- A ‘How to Use the Power Kit’ book
- Power Mate Lite which measures the amount of power used by an electrical appliance and estimates how much that appliance would cost to run for a specified amount of time
- Stopwatch to time yourself in the shower
- Infrared thermometer to measure the surface temperature of objects from a distance so heat lost/gained can be measured
- Thermometer (ordinary one) to measure room, fridge and freezer temperatures
- Compass to identify north and west facing rooms that get more warmth from the sun.
In addition, each borrower will get a worksheet and an Action Plan for future action in the home to reduce power consumption.
The Save Power Kits can be borrowed for 3 weeks like most other library materials and can be put on Hold like other library materials.