Due to popular demand, writing instructor Keith Whelan is once again coming to Blue Mountains City Library.
Saturday 9th August, 2014
(with a break from 11.30am-12.30pm for lunch – not provided)
Blaxland Library (33 Hope Street, Blaxland)
$30 per person
In this full day workshop, you will gain an understanding of all aspects of writing short stories in a variety of genres. All styles and viewpoints within the short story form will be discussed. Through a series of Creative Writing exercises, students will explore different approaches to writing a short story. The workshop will also discuss:
* Becoming a writer: how writers work and how to develop creativity and discipline.
* Narrator: point of view – who is telling the story?
* Character: the importance of characters in fiction, where they come from, and making them believable.
* Setting: where your story takes place, and why it is important.
* How Time works in fiction: techniques to vary the pace of your story.
* Structure: fitting the elements of your story together.
You can book your spot in this workshop at any Library branch, but get in early as places are strictly limited.
Payment is due at time of booking, and is non-refundable.
For more information, contact staff at your Library or phone (02) 4780 5750.