The April issue of Good Reading magazine is ready for you to enjoy through Blue Mountains Library!
- Find your next good book with our 45 independent book reviews.
- Andy Griffiths on The Treehouse Joke Book 2 and the best childhood reads.
- Kirsty Manning on The French Gift and her seaside home -Fresnes Prison, 1940: Margot Bisset, a former maid, finds herself in a prison cell with French Resistance fighter, Josephine Murant. Present-day Paris: Evie attempts to unravel the official story of a famous novelist. If she succeeds, a murder from a lifetime ago may be solved.
- Neuroscientist Lisa Genova delves into how memories are made and how we retrieve them. Learn whether forgotten memories are temporarily inaccessible or erased forever and why some memories are built to exist for only a few seconds while others can last a lifetime.
- New podcasts, trivia, quizzes, and independent reviews!
Book Club – This Month’s Pick
Our pick this month is Love Objects by Emily Maguire.
Nic is an amateur nail artist and fairy godmother to the neighbourhood’s stray cats. The person she’s closest to in the world is her beloved niece Lena, who she meets for lunch every Sunday. One day Nic fails to show up. When Lena travels to her aunt’s house to see if Nic’s all right, she gets the shock of her life, and sets in train a series of events that will prove cataclysmic for them both.
Get listening with the GR Podcast
- Debra Oswald on The family doctor
- Helen Fitzgerald on Ash Mountain
- Tanya Bretherton on The husband poisoner
- Susan Johnson on From where I fell